Saturday, October 5, 2013

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder...

Selfie Shot at work. XD

It's either I'm a frustrated model or a frustrated photographer.

Honestly, I don't really see myself as pretty. But after my twin Nathan told reminded me that beauty is skin deep, it made me remember the confidence I have for myself. I'm not really the photogenic type. Not all angles agree to my liking. But then again, I feel confident of myself despite having a lot of insecurities. Why? I know I am beautiful. I don't need to be blind to see it, I could feel it in my heart. This is what Heavenly Father has given me and I sure am proud of it. Friends say that I am beautiful inside and out and I guess I could agree with that without really boasting.

I know not everybody finds me attractive. I'm okay with that. I'm okay with being the simple human being that I am, not much with the fashion sense that I get envious with other girls or even not much of a girly girl. Sometimes being too beautiful or pretty has it's downside, but I learn to appreciate what I have rather than be jealous of what I don't have. God loves me either way.

Dinner with family last Sunday.
I don't usually post photos in my blog because for the fact that 1. I'm not very much fond of posting my fashion sense, which in most people's taste, is kinda outdated. I'm just the type of person who just loves to be in just t-shirt and jeans and not much be in miniskirts and all that without being to conscious at how I look. I have more problems than that. But yes, sometimes I need to learn how to take care of myself. As long as I feel clean and look like myself, I need not to worry.

I dream of marrying a photographer. XD Not so that I could get a hold at a DSLR camera or become his model or somewhat. I somehow want to see his view on beauty. If what beauty really is for him and if it is the same perspective that I have. But that's not really the point of this whole post.

So basically, those are just my thoughts for today. We need not to be sexy, white or slim just to be considered beautiful. All we need to do is just take care of ourselves, do good, do the best that we can and be appreciative of what God has given us. Always know that you are beautiful inside and out no matter what other people say. Always have your chin up high and smile. You're prettier if you smile. :)