Friday, September 27, 2013

From a Princess to plain Ordinary.

How do I start this?

I'm a girl. Obviously... and I'm a nurse. Well, a nurse by profession.

When I was a little girl, I dreamt of becoming a nurse someday, only to be discouraged by my elders because they said that if I become a nurse, I would always get sick. Then I wanted to be a stewardess; but no, my height just won't allow it. I wanted to be a lot of things, a chemist, a scientist, a painter, a singer, an actress... you name it! Anything that contains Science and Art.

Forgive me, I have not introduced myself.

I'm Rie Cruz Ngo. Rie is just my nickname, short for "Marie". I gave that nickname to myself because I find it unique... until I found out there's others who were named that as well. I also like the Asian characteristic of it... I heard it's of Japanese origin and I like the Japanese language and culture despite me being a Chinese and all that.

I was born at the small island of Cebu at it's every capital city of the same name. It was summer here in the Philippines then. I find my birth story amusing since my mom's EDC (Expected Date of Conception) was supposed to be around mid-April and I came out around mid-May. Funny thing too, a few weeks ago, while looking for my baby book to get immunization dates, I found my mother's prenatal book and saw that my AOG (Age of Gestation) was 40 weeks...(or was it 42) I was at Full-Term... but I was beyond the normal AOG (37 weeks to 40 weeks).

Growing up... wasn't very easy. Young as I was, I witnessed a lot of bad stuffs in my life. I won't go into details though... they were really quite (or not quite) negative.It eventually affected my teenage life until I graduated college that I had so many insecurities and it only took me a few close (or best) friends to figure out my weaknesses and my strengths on how to overcome them.

I graduated college on the year 2010 with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. I wanted to practice it but after the board exam, I decided to dedicate my time to the Lord. Afterwards, I practiced for 6 months as a volunteer at one of the Tertiary hospitals here in the City. The contract ended and I found another job at a small clinic then resigned after 4 months to work for a larger clinic which didn't go through well due to a lot of factors. So... I stopped working after 3 months to prepare for an even greater purpose, which you'd eventually find out later.

So why have I decided to create this blog? Simple. Just for the fun of it. I actually created another but I'll be using that much later on when I'll be somewhere that I need to be... And I kind of decided to write (or type in) my thoughts in this blog rather than vent it out on Facebook which is what I have been doing in the past years... I miss writing. I miss speaking out my mind. And at least... I could do it here.