Monday, July 13, 2015

My Very First Post-Mission Post

 I can't believe I haven't been posting much and I have been home for 3 months now...


Being a returned missionary is not easy. This is the time when everything that you have learned from those 18 months to 24 months of experiences are put to use. Life is a roller coaster. It will always be. Sometimes you are able to apply the things you've learned, sometimes you don't. Sometimes there are twists, sometimes things go the way you wanted it to.

Well, even as a returned missionary, you still learn a lot. And I have posted a document called "Thoughts and Lessons that I learned as a Returned Missionary" that a wrote a month or so being home from those sacred moments.

To update you all on things...
First things first, with all the wedding bells that are circulating my Facebook page and some of my closest friends have already tied the knot, I haven't. I mean, I have no boyfriend, no fiance... so there is no wedding happening this year as far as I know. I do have potential candidates. In fact, if you would call it "dating", I am spending time with my best friend whom I haven't seen for 3 years (and 4 months as he would add) because he was already out around a year and some months when I got my mission call to serve.

Second, I am currently working as a nurse at a small clinic. (This reminds me that I might be closing down my other blog and focus on this one instead). The Salary is not that much but at least I still get some income somehow and buy the things I need to buy... (and save some money for the future).

Third, I constantly yearn to feel the Spirit. Because of that, I try as much as possible to keep my studies in tact. I have been reading the Book of Mormon, as much as possible, everyday. I also have callings as a Young Single Adults Teacher for Sunday School, Missionary Preparation Teacher for Institute, and Stake Public Affairs Writer.

So far, I have enjoyed (with some huge downhills almost every week) life being a returned missionary.

Well, I will try to update this blog as much as possible from now on... hahaha.

- Rie.
View from my early morning jog today with my best friend. :P